I get a ton of carrots in my CSA box every week. Which is great, I love carrots. But you all know I like trying new things and get really sick of having the same roasted carrots every week, so I was excited to get creative with these and experiment with different flavors.
I came up with these and I really like the flavor in them. They’re very filling too, you get a great amount of veggies in each so they’re great for you. I’ve had them for breakfast with eggs or as a side with dinner and lunch. You could even use these as little mini sandwich ‘breads.’ Get creative and let me know how you use them!
1.5 lb Zucchini (about 4 medium)
.5 lb Carrots (about 4 large)
4 green onions sliced, chopped
2 cloves garlic – minced
2 Tbsp. Almond Flour
1 tsp. sea salt (and one additional for step 1)
1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
1 tsp. pepper
4 tbsp. coconut oil
- Shred your zucchini and carrots into a bowl and salt generously with ~1 tsp salt – let it sit in the fridge for 30 min-1 hour (you can use a cheese grater for the shredding)
- After your time is up, dump the zucchini carrot shreds into a flour sack towel or cheese cloth and squeeze out all the moisture
- Once most of the moisture is removed, place shreds in large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients except for the oil. Mix well. Using your hands really makes it easy!
- Heat first Tbsp of coconut oil over medium high heat
- Form shred mixture into little patties in your hand about 2-3 inches in diameter, a quarter-half an inch thick
- Place in hot oil for approx. 4 minutes on each side
- Patties will have a nice brown crisp on each side when they are done
- Before adding the second round of latkes, add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and repeat!